If you are anything like me, I am ALWAYS looking for a new and upcoming app to make my iPhone photos look even better. There is just something about having the option to have the portability of your iPhone, and the flexibility of edits / filters of photoshop.
This is especially great for summer traveling and everyday life with my two five year olds running around everywhere! Carrying around an expensive camera is the least of my worries. Here are my favorite mobile editing apps that I am currently using for family photos and blog shots. They’ve been really helpful with everything from filters, to graphics, to handling the detailed touch ups I need to make my photos perfect.
1. Afterlight. This app is so well designed and it lets you edit photos and videos. Their filters lean on the older/vintage/retro side which is okay by me. One thing I love with this app is the ability to shape your photos into different shapes like hearts and triangles. I swear, there at least 20 automatic likes for triangle pictures, every time!
2. Snapseed. This app won Best Photo App of 2012, which is a pretty big deal! One of my favorite features about the app is the selective adjust which allows you to adjust only certain portions of the photos. The one-touch method of this app also makes it super easy to filter the photo, which let’s be honest, when you’re juggling a kid on your hip, one touch is all you may have at the moment to get that gorgeous frame.
3. A Beautiful Mess App. One of my favorite bloggers took it a step further and made a wonderful photo-editing app. This app has the cutest filters, borders and fonts I have ever laid eyes on. It takes a dull and drab photo and quite literally makes it a beautiful mess. You must download this ASAP.
4. Pic Tap Go!Something that is totally unique about this app that I am head over heels for is that you can save “recipes” on here. These kind of recipes do not involve any measurements of sugar or flour, but the just right amount of filters and fun. I find so much joy in getting a picture edited absolutely perfect and yet so much frustration when I can’t get another photo to look just like it, this app saves me from all that heartache!
5. PicFrame. Ever wonder how people share multiple photos in a cute little frame on your Instagram feed? This is the app to use. With lots of different frames to pick from and filters to choose from, you really can’t go wrong with PicFrame. So many times I wanna share vacation photos but can’t pick which one, this allows me to get my way by picking all my favorites!
6. Whitagram. I am always forgetting with the new iPhone update that I now have the “square” function which automatically squares up my photos for my Instagram posts. So, lo and behold Whitagram became my new best friend. This app was created to give you a pretty white background for any post that do not fit well within the Insta Frames along with a lot of other amazing features.
7. Facetune. Take shameful selfies no more! This app is perfect for me, as I have been known in the past to toss out 99 out of 100 photos of myself because of various flaws, however Facetune fixes all of your blemishes for you. Photoshop at your fingertips is always super handy for those last minute breakouts!
9. VscoCam. This may be my favorite photo-editing application of all time (and it’s free!). The versatility, chicness and community built within VscoCam constantly has me drooling. I am always a sucker for well designed apps, and this one definitely takes the cake. My absolute favorite part of this app is the community built within the app itself. There is a place where everyone using Vscocam can share their photos and connect with other photographers. And they are constantly coming out with new filters which you can purchase as a collection for a very cheap price (typically in the $.99-$3 range).
10. ShakeitPhoto. This app is just too cute! Ever wanna re-live the polaroid camera days without an actual polaroid? (They’re pretty expensive these days!) This is app is the greatest! Turn all of your very favorite photos into a polaroid. This is great for creating a photo garland for a birthday or graduation party.
And there you have it! I hope you snap lots of beautiful photos and share your journey along the way! What’s your favorite photo editing app? I’d love to know.
About the author: Victoria Hudgins is author to the popular food & craft blog asubtlerevelry.com. She is author to the soon coming book Materially Crafted and a lover of daily revelry.