I started Joey’s Instagram in March 2014 and within a month and a half we got up to 800 followers, I was really happy with this as I didn’t expect any followers at all. On the 21st of April we went to bed and through the night my battery went from 100% to 0% and I didn’t know why but didn’t think much of it so I went on with my day without even going on Joey’s Instagram but kept noticing that my battery was dying a lot quicker than normal. I finally decided to go onto Joey’s Instagram to add a picture from the walk we had taken earlier in the day and to my surprise we went from 800 followers to 18,000 within 11 hours I had no idea why and was overwhelmed. I added a picture thanking everyone and explained that I didn’t know why we had got so many followers overnight, that is when everyone commented that Instagram’s official page (@Instagram) had featured Joey’s page.
I didn’t even follow Instagram’s page so straight away I checked and to my surprise he was featured as ‘WeeklyFluff’ which is a weekly feature they do for pets. Joey’s picture on Instagram’s page had got half a million likes. Usually to get featured onto ‘WeeklyFluff’ you have to hash tag #weeklyfluff under your picture, we had not done this so it was simply just lucky that we had been chosen. We are so thankful to Instagram for featuring us for more people all around the world to watch Joey grow and enjoy his pictures, we now have 34,065 followers and it keeps going up.
- Follow accounts similar to yours, because then they’ll follow you back.
- Always try and capture your best pictures, you don’t need a fancy camera just good lighting (natural lightening is the best) and a camera phone with a good focus.
- Hash tag! That’s a big one, if you don’t hashtag then no one will be able to find you, so hashtag words relevant to your pictures or popular hashtags such as: #Dogsofinstagram #Puppy #Instadaily etc
- It’s about quality and not quantity, if you add too many picture you’ll lose followers so make sure not to over add.
- And lastly, just have fun!
I hope these tips help you in some way, as that’s what I’ve learnt since I’ve had Joey’s Instagram.
My name is Jayme-Leigh i’m 19 years old. I live in England, Essex with my boyfriend of 3 years (Bobby) and my beautiful dog Joey. I work within a retail store and enjoy taking pictures of Joey on the side. I wouldn’t consider myself a photographer but I hope one day in the future I can pursue my dream of becoming one.